The Owl 1909 has had great owners. In the 1920’s OWL was owned by Mr Andrews, who decided to lengthen her from the original 41 ft on deck to 55 ft.
After World War 2, she was owned by a David Burnett for nearly 30 years. In 1961, she was stolen but fortunately found later in New Caledonia. Her owner, Burnett re-rigged her and in 1974 sold her to a Frenchman. In 1990, she was bought by an Italian owner who commissioned her refit in 1993-96.
She has since crossed the Atlantic and participated successfully in the Antigua Sailing Weeks in 1997 and 1998, and also in the America’s Cup Jubilee in 2001. Now she is based on Mallorca, well maintained by a professional crew, and available for day charter cruising around the island. We are pleased to offer this wonderful historical boat, the Owl 1909, for sale through our brokerage in Mallorca.